For about a year now, I have been exploring BREASTS. What they mean, how to experience them and how our culture uses them. Very quickly in my research I found a direct correlation between bras and breast cancer, though I know there is much more to our collective story than that. I wrote an article last summer (more mainstream and scientific) for Huffington Post (below), the first one they kindly declined. 😉 After a year of shedding society’s stigmas and liberating myself, I have settled into a gentle communication with my bra-less breasts. The wisdom and love held in our breasts is deeply profound. Here are my insights…
Breasts are receivers and givers of energy and information, making them very receptive and vulnerable amplifiers of a woman’s experience of this world. Breasts, in their activated state, are gateways to the heart and divine creation… from this 5th dimensional perspective they don’t have anything to do with mainstream social programming and old sexual energy. Breasts are vulnerable conduits to the divine that gift the recipient with energy from the infinite, by reflecting ones connection to All That Is.
It is obvious why women unconsciously put up huge walls and padded barriers to protect these powerful and sacred vessels. In the present world we choose to live in, frankly, I too want to be shield myself from the electronic and energetic energy running ramped. After moving into nature, I have created a circumstance that supports and feeds me! ! I want to feel and sense everything in nature and the glowing vibrant energy all around! Another reason for the barrier is due to the remaining vestiges of the “conqueror energy” present that we are co-creating with men– fear (even if it’s subconscious) of being raped and taken (physically and energetically), which leads to the stalemate bargain of being bought or “taken care of” to allow permission for males to partake.
Our free flowing sacred heart energy is aching to radiate. Hiding this bursting soul energy becomes the festering manifestation of breast cancer. The expression of our feminine love and radiance wants to be fluid, given and received for the pure light that it is…. 🙂
Which comes first ~ the chicken or the egg? The outside world or the inside? The male or the female? I feel that the world would benefit by having women freely and vulnerably give this living energy to all… ~ men, children, women, ourselves, planets, animals and the earth.
This knowing trust in our own loving expression will reflect a world of more peace, where males can safely hold women in the high loving reverence… being with us and touching us with complete care and respect. What you put out is what you get back. If any negative experiences do come up, that is a message telling us we’re not in energetically alignment with our natural selves. If we are approached by any war/rape/needy energy, we know we’re fully empowered to put up boundaries and not participate with that frequency, while sending it love from safe distance.
We can not exist as a humanity without men, the masculine…. the other half of ourselves. It is up to us to teach them how to be in communion with the feminine. To show them to leave nectar in the succulent blooming rose because there will always be more when you support the feminine’s pollination of more life and love. It is also up to the feminine to rekindle and re-sprout our connection with a nature and create a natural environment which supports love.
As a woman, the reflection I look to for PURE, abundant feminine nurture is our mother…. mother earth. She gives and gives and yes, when things are out of balance, she erupts with thunder… knowing her boundary. It is time that women give back to ourselves by experiencing ALL of ourselves, feeling life through the breasts.
Article From Last Year:
Breasts are meant to be free! I had no idea that wearing certain kinds of bras, or a bra at all, could make the difference to my health and even prevent cancer. 1.5 billion dollars is spent every year on breast cancer research and 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with cancer in an average lifetime, according to METAvivor Research and Support, Inc. We know that alternative solutions may not be the top of their agenda, so here are some holistic research tips and solutions I found to proactively create a healthy relationship with your breasts.
My recent passion has been converting my whole wardrobe to natural, eco-friendly clothing — which is next week’s topic. I thought back to what started this extreme new passion and my breasts sparked it! I did a 5 day water fast about a month ago and noticed that the left side of my breast on the left side was achy. I hadn’t developed a relationship with my breasts and had little knowledge about them up until now.
With a little bit of research, I realized the ache was a buildup of toxins in my breast tissue that my lymphatic system was cleansing during my fast. So what caused the blockage? The European Journal of Cancer found that “Premenopausal women who do not wear bras have half the risk of breast cancer compared to bra users.” According to John Hopkins Breast Center, “As many of 80% of women are wearing a bra that is the wrong size for them,” not allowing natural rhythm of movement and blood flow to release toxins. In traditional Chinese medicine the breasts are respected as major energy centers on the body with 6 meridians running through them. I understood that over time wearing my fixed fitted bras, and not letting that energy release (physically and energetically), was creating a toxic buildup — and I’m only 26. Over time a buildup of toxins can turn into lumps and in the long term could even lead to cancer.
One of the intuitive things I felt while wearing a wire bra, which I haven’t heard anyone talk about, is how the wire is an incredible antenna and conductor for radiation. After watching the documentary “Resonance”, about how electromagnetic radiation is dramatically affecting us and our world, it made me think about how bras are amplifying the situation for women. Consider all of the active Wi-fi networks, pulsing cell towers and buzzing cell phones that are around you on any given day. A lot of that energy is being attracted straight to the “antenna-like” underwire in the bra next to the breasts, a very sensitive and receptive part of the body.
Breasts are mainly comprised of fat cells that act like storage facilities for toxins, hormones, radiation and chemicals. The great book on this subject called Killer Clothes helped me with my understanding of the topic. With the rampant use of synthetic fibers in our modern society, such as nylon, rayon and acrylic, coupled with chemicals used in the treatment and dying processes of fabrics, our incredibly receptive skin — the largest organ in our body — is taking in large amounts of these chemicals and the breasts are storing them. These materials don’t allow the skin to breathe as easily, which increases the temperatures in the breasts without allowing them to perspire (detox and release). There are many organic natural fabrics being used to make bras and underwear, such as bamboo, hemp, organic cotton and silk, which are great solutions for both breathability and having only organic materials against your skin.
Your Healthy Breast Checklist:
- Buy New Bra AND Underwear: I can’t say that the healthy bras on the market are Victoria Secret runway material… I put on one of my new bras and thought I just stepped out of Little House on the Prairie. When going in this holistic direction I created a new belief that my health is attractive… that it is #1! My favorite website with a variety of brands creating cute natural bras, made with yummy breathable material (without wires), is FaeriesDance.com. I want to add that this breathable material concept goes for underwear too! To address any attraction challenges, my solution is keeping some hot lingerie (even with wires or synthetic material) options around for special rendezvous occasions.
- Massage: Get intimate with your breasts at least a few times per week. The “Lymphatic Drainage Massage” LDM pioneered by Estrid and Emil Vodder in the 1930s is the best way to release toxins and assist lymphatic flow in the breasts. To do this slowly massage your breasts in alternating clockwise and counter-clockwise directions for 3-5 minutes.
- Be Free! The ideal scenario would be to wear a bra as little as possible based on what I’ve shared above. Also, studies have shown going braless actually strengthens the ligaments in breasts leading to a naturally perkier bust.
- Move: Exercise increases blood flow and circulation and releases lots of toxins through perspiration… don’t be afraid to sweat! Yoga is a great form of exercise to oxygenate the blood, balance your energy systems and get fit! Don’t be scared of a little movement with the breasts as you exercise or jog. The movement helps the lymphatic system and strengthens the ligaments in your breasts so they don’t sag in the long term.
- Eat Well: We all know how important a healthy, non-GMO organic diet is. What goes into the body is just as important as the exterior environment. Eating a balanced alkaline diet with lots of raw foods, greens and antioxidants without hormones and pesticides will eliminate toxins before they ever come in.
- Detox: You don’t have to do a 5 day water fast like me, but fasting is a great way to release a buildup of acidity in the body. Juicing is a gentle way to make sure your system is flowing, but to really clean out the gunk, a food-less fast allows the digestive system to take a break so your body can fully focus on detoxing. Research the healthy options that feel best for you and be sure to drink lots of water!
If you’d like to stay connected to me or learn more, you can follow me on my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BridgetNielsenArt